1. Excellent protection for cables and hoses, from hot swarf as well 2. Large pins, high strength 3. Smooth chip-repellent outer contour 4. Small pitch for quiet, smooth running 5. Lids can be removed along the outer radius 6. Fully enclosed 7. KMA mounting brackets with option to fasten from any side 8. Integrated strain relief is available specially for e-tubes
Available inner widths Bi: 50 to 250mmAvailable bend radii R: 100 to 300mmPitch: 36mm/link = 28 links/m
* The required clearance height is HF = H + 40 mm (at 2.5 kg/m fill weight), which should be observed in all types of applications. Please contact us if you have particularly confined space requirements.
** The calculated length corresponds to the chain length without mounting brackets.
A=moving end, B=fixed endPitch: 36 mmChain links per m: 28Travel: STube length = S/2 + K
The unsupported length depends on fill weightX axis: unsupported length in m FLB/FLGY axis: fill weight in kg/mLower scale: travel S in mFLB = unsupported with permissible sagFLG = unsupported with straight upper run
From 6 m to max. 100 mChain length = S/2+K2Long travel - gliding (up to max. 100 m) Here the e-chain® is used with the upper run gliding on the lower run. We recommend letting our engineers support you when planning this type of system. In case of travel lengths between 4.0m and 6,0m, we recommend a larger unsupported e-chain®. A1 = moving endA2 = fixed end A3 = Guide trough with glide bar A4 = Guide trough without glide bar A5 = Total length of the guide trough
Samples and catalog order
E-Chain® Expert call
Service life calculation
Ask the product expert
Designing with igus®
3 interior separation options
3 mounting bracket variants
Available with quick flange
10 widths and 8 bend radii
Design specificationFurther information on "unsupported application"
Design specificationFurther information on "gliding application"
Other installation types
Option 1. Separators
Option 2: Full-width shelves
Option 3: Shelves
Option 1 - Separators Separators can be placed anywhere in the chain's cross-section to divide the interior of the e-chain® – As standard, separators should be fitted every 2nd chain link Standard division with separator 311 (if bend radius R = 100 is selected, please use separator 34511)
Option 2 - Full-width shelves Required when small cables with similar or the same diameters are used Slotted separator 312 or slotted separator 312.24 with wide base - For use with full-width shelf 221.X
Option 3 - Shelves Shelves can be used with height adjustments for cables with different diameters. Partial interior separations in individual blocks can be implemented as well as the entire width Bi -10 mm can be used. Shelf 2210.X can be combined with side plate 313 and separator 314 Option 3 "Shelves" can be combined with Option 1 "Separators"
KMA - pivoting
KMA - locking
Part no. Unassembled quick flange: 16800.QF
"Super-aluminium", "Basic" guide trough
"Super-Alu" guide trough, "Heavy Duty"
Steel guide troughs
1. Trough side part, aluminium, 2m
2. Glide bar, plastic, 2m
3. Plastic glide strips*, side, 2m
4. Clamping shoe, aluminium
5. C-profile, galvanised steel
6. Screw M6 x 16
7. Sliding nut M6
8. "Basic" connector, plastic
10. Silencer profile, rubber
*without glide strips upon request
"Super-aluminium" trough - the igus® standard for guide troughs
The "Super-aluminium" trough is a modular system of guide troughs for long travels (where e-chains® glide on each other). The basic "Super-aluminium" trough is available in simple, cost-effective "basic designs" and can be expanded for sophisticated plant construction. This universal usability makes it the recommended igus® standard for guide troughs.
1. Interface connector
2. Plastic glide bar
3. Clamping shoe
4. Glide strips
9. Heavy-duty bracket option
11. Screw M6 x 20
1. Aluminium profiles
3. Heavy-duty bracket option
6. Silencer profiles
1. Guide trough (blue)2. Glide bar (black)3. Installation set (red)4. Individual attachment without C-profile5. Profile rail length
+ Easy assembly using installation sets+ two-part model – adjustable from chain width+ Very strong+ Cost-effective+ Large selection
Guide trough without glide bars, Part No. 93.30, guide trough with glide bars Part No. 93.31
Installation sets, Part No. 93.50. XX
Data protection declaration